Estimating. R&K Insulation provides free takeoffs and quotes, no matter the size of your project. We just need a set of plans—paper or digital—and we can provide an accurate and timely estimate.
Attic Insulation Inspections. What’s in your attic? If you would like an accurate quote over the phone to upgrade your attic insulation, we will ask the following questions:
- How much existing material do you have (depth)?
- What type of material is it? Cellulose (paper grayish type product) OR Fiberglass
- What is the livable square footage of the house?
- What do you want to bring the insulation level up to?
Or if you would prefer, just contact us and we can schedule a time to come out and provide a free attic insulation inspection.
Installation. R&K Insulation installs! You would be surprised at how affordable it is to have R&K install your insulation. Save yourself the headache, time, and itch and let R&K’s experts do the install for you! From a small residential attic to a new custom home to a school to a large commercial building, R&K can do the job!
- Attic Upgrades:
When upgrading the insulation in the attic of an existing home, we are often asked what to expect. We are asked things like, “Is it going to leave a mess?”, “Is it going to be noisy?”, “Does my family need to be gone while you are doing the installation?” and many others. When R&K does the job, the answer to these questions are “No.”
Here’s R&K’s process and what you can expect on the day of installation for an attic upgrade:
- R&K’s installers will arrive promptly and greet you to find out which attic access on your home will work best and be the least intrusive.
- If the attic access is inside your home (not the garage or carport), the installers will take steps to ensure that your home, furniture, & belongings are not dirtied or damaged.
- Then our installers will roll out the blowing hose from the truck, typically located on the street.
- One installer will be up in the attic controlling the blow hose. The other one will be in the truck feeding material into the machine as well as helping pull the excess hose out as different parts of the attic are completed.
- They will start at the furthest point away from the access and work their way back towards the opening to achieve maximum coverage.
- When the job is complete the installers will clean up any mess that may have been made and roll up their equipment.
- You will then be notified that your attic is now properly insulated and ensure that you are satisfied.
- Install is complete!
“So, how long will this take?” might be the next question. A typical install takes around two hours for about 1400 square feet. If the house is larger or we are installing more material than usual, it could take as long as three to four hours.
We want you to feel comfortable with the installation process, so please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may still have.